Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to questions that we regularly get asked
1. What is the first step when deciding to renovate or build ?
First you need to define which parts of your home you want professional help with. It could just be the kitchen design or selecting the outside colours or it may be everything from kitchen, bathroom, laundry, wardrobe, home study design as well as colours for exterior and interior, internal hardware fittings, plumbing ware, window coverings & furniture. Once you have outlined your needs you can engage a designer to suit your requirements.
2. How do I choose the right designer for me ?
This will come down to two things:
1. What services can each designer offer in your areas of need? Having one designer who can work in all areas will cut down the number of professionals you work with - saving you time and money; 2. Do you feel comfortable with the designer you’ve chosen? You will be spending a lot of time together so it’s important that you feel confident that they can achieve exactly the look, feel and overall finish you desire.
3. How long does a design project take ?
Things can move quite quickly from the initial concept meeting. It all comes down to planning and preparation. The more information you can give your designer about your requirements and desired finished look, the quicker the designer can get started on concepts and get back to you. You will usually have some concepts back within a week of the initial consultation. This can also depend upon the stage of the project.
4. How much does do design services cost ?
Each job is quoted individually on the services required and the size/scale of the project. Services start from a little as $ 95.00 + gst.
5. Can you save us money ?
YES, absolutely! Good design doesn’t have to have an expensive price tag. Engaging a professional can save you money by eliminating potential mistakes and having a network of suppliers who can provide products at the best prices. SP Design clients pay trade rates wherever possible, which can cut 20% off retail prices.
6. Can you source materials/products for us ?
YES… All the hard work in sourcing materials at the right price is already done through SP Design’s network of preferred contacts and suppliers.
7. Can you recommend tradesmen we can use?
We do have some preferred tradesmen that we have worked with in the past. We are happy to pass on contact details for honest professionals who will add to the success of your project.